Today I’m talking with Shauna Shanks about receiving the unexpected honor of “Ohio’s Exemplary Citizen.” No seriously, that’s a thing, and don’t we all wish we could get random awards in the mail from our states? We also talk about her brief obsession with making fancy pop tarts, building a house out of shipping containers, and of course her book, A Fierce Love, about her husband’s infidelity and how her marriage healed from the brink of divorce one step at a time. Whether you’re married or not, divorced or not, her personal story is inspiring and beautiful and you’re gonna love getting to know her a little bit here on the show, so listen in and lighten up.
Links from the Show
Shauna’s book, A Fierce Love
How to Leave a Review:
If you enjoyed this conversation, would you jump over to iTunes and leave a quick review? This will help other people find the show. Now, I have to admit that I’m so technically challenged that I struggled to even figure out how to leave a review. You are smarter than I am, but just in case you, too, aren’t sure how to do that, here’s a quick tutorial on Leaving a Review on iTunes:
- Go to the Lighten Up iTunes preview page.
- Click “view in iTunes,” which will launch iTunes.
- Click the “ratings and reviews” tab. (You can also click the “subscribe” button while you’re there, heh heh.)
- Select a star rating, then write a quick review.
- It might take awhile for it to show up in iTunes, but please give yourself a hug from me.
As always, if I post an Amazon link and you click and buy something, I make several whole cents. Keeps the lights on around here. Well, keeps about one-quarter of one pixel on. Thanks in advance.